Monday, March 25, 2013

The Answer's No

I treat drugs like a law firm
and take the highest offer
I'm not a smoker, I'm a cougher
I hid my vape inside my sock drawer
the kind of hate I have to offer
is belated and uncalled for
because today I woke up blazed
and wrote the rawest type of art form

There's a way to live life
that's pure and innocent
and the one thing that's sure
ain't no one living it
some people will highlight
their motives, I hide mine
these are the guidelines
that I hide behind

Abstain from temptation
be humble and patient
live everyday like a declarative statement
because the pain and decay
of our civilization
is on rampant display
on every radio station
on every TV channel
they pump opinions in our face
until we lose our handle
on the situation
and the planet
let's not talk about the future
because we damned it

2 comments:

  1. I can't lie...
    I have been reading your blog for a while now...
    This really motivates me coz the subjects you write about are the same as mine only I write in Dutch.
    Continue the excellent poems... Damnnn still speechless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I appreciate the feedback brother.

    ReplyDelete

The Falcons of Murder

This isn't war this is experimental death we're just animals fighting for what's left we feign intelligence and embellish ir...