Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Greater Fool

I sat down on the front porch steps where the sunflowers grew. I watched the bumble bees buzz and perch themselves on the flower's black cushion. I asked them if they knew their purpose and they just looked at me blankly as if I were the greater fool. "Man doesn't assign all purpose," one bee said. I furrowed my brow and replied, "Oh really?" I stood up and walked to the gardening shears that leaned against the home's siding and promptly cut down the sunflower's stalk. As the bubble bees flew away I hoped they realized I was just proving a point.  

1 comment:

  1. You words are music. To write like a composer is a gift. You're blessed with it.

    ReplyDelete

The Falcons of Murder

This isn't war this is experimental death we're just animals fighting for what's left we feign intelligence and embellish ir...