Thursday, August 12, 2010

2 Felony counts of possession

I should have lied, I should have said that those items were not mine. After all my roommates did break into my room, and search through all of my things until they found a small amount of pot buried in a box in my closet and a bottle of anti anxiety pills that were under my bed against the back corner of the wall. How would the cop know they were mine? Unless I told the truth, he wouldn't. Don't you see how this system benefits the liar? Don't you see it punishes honesty. I told the truth about using substances are all legal medically. Am I not allowed relief like someone who has health insurance? Like someone who can afford medications to help cope with pain or depression. I guess I'm immediately generalized as some sort of criminal because I can't afford prescriptions for these items. Maybe if I had lived another life where I wasn't raised by two alcoholic parents, maybe if they didn't get drunk and beat the shit out of each other every night for ten years, maybe if I didn't go to ten different schools and move constantly because evictions, maybe if I wasn't so attracted to psychology and the ways it helped me cope with my life, maybe if I didn't go to college and pay for it all myself and go deep into student debt, maybe if I would have got a degree in something that actually helped me get a job... Then. Maybe. If all those things didn't happen and I would be a wealthy white male with health insurance then I wouldn't be a felon. But because I do live in poverty, because I can't get a decent paying job with my college degree, I shouldn't be allowed the same medications that a wealthy man can get a prescription for. I don't understand how anyone, from any point of view can say I have committed any type of crime here. I was merely self medicating in the comfort of my own home, in my own room, and one day someone decided to break into my room while I was at work and turn over these substances to the police. Being that there was no legal search and seizure of these items there's actually no way to prove they were even mine, if I had just lied I could have avoided this situation entirely, but I didn't know what I was doing, so I told the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Falcons of Murder

This isn't war this is experimental death we're just animals fighting for what's left we feign intelligence and embellish ir...